♥
questions
of
the
heart
♫ I, I pray that something picks me up and sets me down in your warm arms. ♪
neo amiyeon andwae
eXTReMe Tracker
Sore Monday.
Monday, August 16, 2010 @ 10:32 PM

Despite waking up with aching muscles, I had the best sleep ever! (Y)

But, I didn't do well for the run. Extremely disappointed with my non-perseverance. =( Chiong-ed for about 5km and then, I suddenly couldn't go on any further. Kinda jog/walk the last stretch. Blame it all on my poor training. Gosh, hilly terrains I never ran before! I could feel my thighs burning man..up and down the steep slopes. But, I must say, the run route was quite exciting. Ran through Hort Park (scenery!) and stretches of ulu roads I never knew existed in Singapore. I like being close to nature. Awesome weather for outdoor activities and no mozzies. Hah.



Color accent.



Still, have to thank my friend la for insisting that I go for the run despite bailing out on me. If not, I wouldn't have realized that my current pair of trainers are not meant for long distance. I need new trainers.



"From soles to souls, from start to finish". -RunNUS 2010

**
Btw, I gave my first 10km run to NUS. Haha. The last run I did was 8km at last year's run for kids charity organized by POSB and the run route was super straight and boring.

My next run?

Hehe. 5th September. The Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2010.

I have a feeling I'll do a lot better. :)

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder




¬´ Previous