♥
questions
of
the
heart
♫ I, I pray that something picks me up and sets me down in your warm arms. ♪
neo amiyeon andwae
eXTReMe Tracker
insomnia.
Sunday, September 5, 2010 @ 1:07 AM

I have a run in approx 6hrs.

I am so in need of a good night's rest thus went to bed early ard 11ish. Tossed and turned for more than an hour and got myself feeling even more sluggish. My brain was like flipping through my textbook and then stopped on the topic of consciousness.

Here am I now-blogging. URGHHHH.

Don't know if it was the 2hr afternoon nap or the 3 pieces of hot salon pass on my shoulders that's causing my sleepless state...but whatevs. I'm SUPER WIDE AWAKE now. FML. -.-

"Most people think that insomnia is the inability to sleep. Although that is the literal meaning of the term, in reality insomnia is the inability to get to sleep, stay asleep, or get a good quality of sleep (Kryger, Lavie, & Rosen, 1999)."

Bits and pieces from my textbook; here are some help advices when you can't get to sleep :

1) Go to bed only when you are sleepy. If you lie in bed for 20mins and are still awake, get up and do something like reading or watching television until you feel sleepy, and then go back to bed. (darn. i struggled so hard for an hour earlier.)

2) Don't do anything in your bed but sleep. Your bed should be a cue for sleeping, not studying or watching television. ( i'd second this. i don't watch tv nor study on my bed. my bedroom is only meant for sleeping.)

3) Don't try too hard to get to sleep, and especially do not look at the clock and calculate how much sleep you aren't getting. That just increases the tension and makes it harder to sleep. ( totally did this earlier. which is why i can tell you that i was awake in bed for more than an hour.)

4) Keep to a regular schedule. Go to bed the same time and get up at the same time, even on days that you don't have to go to work or class. ( still trying very hard to pick up this good habit now that school has officially started and all.)

5) Don't take sleeping pills or drink alcohol or other types of drugs that slow down the nervous system. Avoid depressants. These drugs force you into deep sleep and do not allow you to get any REM sleep. You may experience REM rebound.

**
Now, I'm gonna eat some cereal and watch HIMYM...until I start yawning again.

I don't like this.

¬´ Previous