♥
questions
of
the
heart
♫ I, I pray that something picks me up and sets me down in your warm arms. ♪
neo amiyeon andwae
eXTReMe Tracker
Brain vs Heart.
Monday, May 16, 2011 @ 3:48 AM

From a Merc advertisement. Coolio.




Left brain: I am the left brain. I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical. Always in control. A master of words and language. Realistic. I calculate equations and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who I am.


Right brain: I am the right brain. I am creativity. A free spirit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feat. I am movement. Vivid colors. I am the urge to paint on an empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be.

**
As much as I'd like to say that my brain is used to ponder and make decisions most of time, but me being girl and girl being me, my heart rules my brain (most of the time). I'm disheartened to mention that my abused heart has seriously ran out of freewill. It is as if my heart is solely there to pace my steps, to think for me. To perform irrationally.

My heart is no longer jus a muscle.

Everything around me is taking a toll on my overworked muscle. Exhaustion I must say.

Being practical and rational may seem easier than dealing with emotions, so what how about me? I, who have tried so damn hard to be rational just so I can hide being outrageously emotional like a girl. I, who brightens things up and claims that everything's all alright even at the most darkest hours? How about when my heart skips a beat? Not that it skips all the time, but when that magic moment appears? It is not easy. My poor beating organ, I'm sorry.

I can't help it being me. Here you have, me at my truest. Me who wears my heart on my sleeve most of the time yet desperately denying it jus so I maintain a certain kind of facade.

Maybe. Maybe because I cannot afford to get hurt again. Indeed, I would crumble at the first sign of getting hurt. I would cry. I would give up.

But my heart will go on. My heart will go on...



¬´ Previous