♥
questions
of
the
heart
♫ I, I pray that something picks me up and sets me down in your warm arms. ♪
neo amiyeon andwae
eXTReMe Tracker
Post breakup, 5 years on.
Sunday, August 12, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

It's been more than 5 years since the last break up and hearing this song now still aches my heart a little. Forever a scar, forever a broken part of me. I still remember how hard it was to get my life back from hell. I still remember how I cried with Charlene through the night, how angry Theo was that she wrote you a long message, how my friends spent the whole night at ECP with me just in case I did anything silly. Oh, and how I lost 6kg in one week and bought a self help book on how to deal with a break up. My health ruined, my emotional state hay-wired, my heart shattered.

But I have to thank you, K.

Thank you for breaking up with me. Thank you for an opportunity to embrace singlehood, to learn how to love myself. I went through a period of self-searching and fought so hard just so I could be normal again. It was fucking tough, but I'm glad I survived. I'm glad I didn't give up on life.

Hope life is treating you well. Last I heard, you are newly single. I hope like me, you somehow find a closure. I wish you the best. 

I don't hate you anymore. 

**


You took a hammer to these walls, dragged the memories down the hall  
Packed your bags and walked away, there was nothing I could say
And when you slammed the front door shut, a lot of others opened up

So did my eyes so I could see that you never were the best for me

 
Well, I never saw it coming, I should have started running
A long, long time ago
And I never thought I’d doubt you, I’m better off without you

More than you, more than you know

 
I’m slowly getting closure, I guess it’s really over
I’m finally getting better
And now I’m picking up the pieces, spending all of these years

Putting my heart back together

 

'Cause the day I thought I’d never get through
I got over you

¬´ Previous